JIMENA: Jews Indigenous to the Middle East and North Africa
San Francisco, CA
JIMENA has been a leader of the Jewish multicultural movement since our formation in 2001. The organization’s mission is to raise awareness and advocate for the one million Jewish refugees from the Middle East and North Africa. Members of our Speakers Bureau have provided testimony at the UN Human Rights Council, US Congressional Human Rights Caucus, European and Italian Parliaments, Israeli Knesset, British Parliament and over 70 Universities in North America. JIMENA carries out its programs in college campuses, community centers, high schools, synagogues & churches, private homes & clubs, the internet, and public institutes in the Bay Area and in other North American regions and cities.
The part-time Administrative Assistant with varying hours each week. This individual must be available to work in the JIMENA office in Hayes Valley during morning hours. This individual will assist JIMENA staff and board with administrative tasks on an as needed basis. You are a quick-learner who works well independently, and is also comfortable taking direction. Our hope is that you will express enthusiasm to work at various JIMENA events some night and weekends.
- Manage JIMENA’s donor database
- Edit and distribute basic correspondence to JIMENA’s stakeholders
- Manage requests and distribution of the Forgotten Refugees film
- Prepare and mail JIMENA materials as needed
- Keep track of office inventory
- Help prepare materials for JIMENA events and board meetings
- Help with research tasks
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Confident individual who works best independently but is comfortable taking direction
- Excellent communication skills
- Tech savvy and comfortable learning new software and web-based programs
- A quick and efficient learner and researcher
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Basic graphic design and WordPress skills a huge plus!
- Only local candidates should apply
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the Subject Line: Administrative Assistant
- Include resume
Please do no contact the office directly with any questions for follow-up inquiries. Due to the number of applicants for the position, we prefer that we can only respond to candidates that we would like to interview
Learn more by visiting: www.jimena.org