JIMENA, a California-based organizations seeks achieve universal recognition to the heritage and history of the one million Jewish refugees from North Africa and the Middle East and their Mizrahi and Sephardic descendants. Our theory of change ends with redress and inclusion of Mizrahi and Sephardic Jews and their descendants, uniformly articulated across all branches of US government policy and mainstream Jewish communal life. In order for this inclusion to happen Jewish communal leaders and learners, including teachers, educators, administrators, and students must first learn about Sephardic Jews.
JIMENA’s programs and projects fall into two main categories:
1. Advocacy – This work primarily encompasses efforts to safeguard the human rights of former Jewish refugees from the Middle East and North Africa. More recently, JIMENA has used our unique intersectional position on campaigns to combat antisemitism.
2. Education and Engagement – Foundational to JIMENA has been our efforts to educate Jewish students and adults to the heritage and history of indigenous Jewish communities from the Middle East and North Africa. Core to this work has been sharing personal stories of Mizrahi and Sephardic Jews, and using these stories to educate the public. These are broad, expansive initiatives that are reaching hundreds of thousands of individuals around the world on a weekly basis.
Currently JIMENA has four-full time staff, two part-time staff, and a number of contractors. In the last year JIMENA completed a strategic planning process and we are currently undergoing significant growth and development. We are seeking to contract an administrator or operations professional with non-profit experience to help us strategize, research, and overhaul a number of administrative systems.
- Develop, implement, and manage a number of projects related to donor database management, CRM, human resources, bookkeeping & accounting, tech support, and internal processes.
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, coordinate contracts, finances, and schedules for select JIMENA programs on an as needed basis.
- Assist with fundraising and donor development through research, planning, and campaign implementation.
- Support the implementation of JIMENA’s 2023 Strategic Plan.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Highly organized administrative or operations professional who has demonstrated success in developing the administrative operations of small to mid-size non-profit organizations.
- Works well on both micro and macro projects. We are seeking a high-level, strategic thinker who will also roll up their sleeves and do the granular work of CRM management, scheduling, and basic bookkeeping.
- Self-motivated and independent – must be willing to work remotely and take the lead.
- Able to positively represent JIMENA to diverse stakeholders – cultural competency with Sephardic, Mizrahi, and Middle Eastern Americans a plus.
- Willing to work on a flexible schedule.
Please send a copy of your resume, cover letter, and two to three references to email@example.com. Include in the Subject Line: Administrator. All applications and inquiries will receive a response and will be kept strictly confidential.
JIMENA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT BECAUSE OF RACE, ETHNICITY, GENDER IDENTITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN OR DISABILITIES